Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Rwanda's Pride and Joy...

The purpose of this blog is to keep the SVF family up to date on the work being done at the Rebero orphan center..but along the way, we are doing a bit of personal sight-seeing.  Tomorrow we are meeting the guys from Rebero to go shopping for essential items of immediate need, but today we returned from a 48 hour trip to see the gorillas!!  I assure you we will be back to blogging about important things regarding SVF tomorrow, but we had an amazing 2 days in the mountain region of Rwanda.  For those friends close to me, you have already read my emails from last year that detailed my gorilla experience, so I will leave those details to Barton as they are from his new eyes.  I will say, though, that we showed up much better prepared this year in regards to pics!  Last year, Kathleen and I struggled to capture the depth and beauty of Rwanda with our teeny "party pic" cameras, but this year we have a great camera and we can really give y'all an idea of what the day with gorillas is like!


No comments: